In the city centre, there was a ghetto established, where 8,400 Jews were detained from March 1941 to mid 1942.
19 sierpnia 1942 r. funkcjonariusze 101 Batalionu Policji rozstrzelali w pobliskim lesie 1700 Żydów, wśród których byli mieszkańcy Łomaz, Rossosza i Sławatycz.
During the “Aktion Reinhardt,” from the spring of 1942 to May 1943, it was one of the largest transitory ghettos in the Lublin district.
In 1942 a ghetto concentrating 6,000 Jews operated here. The majority of them was deported to the death camp in Treblinka and many were killed at that site.
In 1941, in one of the districts of Dęblin – Irena, a ghetto was established, were 4,000 Jews were detained. In 1941-1944 the camp for the prisoners of war operated here, mainly from the territory of the Soviet Union.
In 1941-1943 a ghetto detaining about 6,500 Jews operated here, among them there were 1,000 Jews dislocated from Vienna in 1942.
In 1941-1942 a ghetto operated here. It occupied one of the town markets and environs of the synagogue. 2,300 Jews were detained there.
In 1940-1943, one of the largest labour camps operated there. The prisoners detained there carried out irrigation works.
From April 1942 to October 1943, the second death camp of the “Aktion Reinhardt” operated in Sobibór, where about 170,000 Jews were killed.
In 1942-1943, during the operation by the code name “Reinhardt,” Lublin performed the role of the governing centre. The aim of the operation was to deport and exterminate Jews in the territory of the General Government.
Since 1941 the main ghetto of the Puławy Poviat was located here. Initially, the local Jews were concentrated here, as well as those who were dislocated from Puławy already in 1939.
From the summer of 1941 to the autumn of 1942, the camp for over 20,000 Soviet POWs operated here. In the autumn of 1942, the Germans organized here one of the largest labour camps for Jews in the Lublin region.
In 1940-1942, the ghetto operated here, through which approximately 6,000 Jews passed, including 1,000 German Jews from Szczecin, Leipzig and Weimar.
In 1941-1943 a small labour camp operated in Osowa. Jews carried out some irrigation works here.
During the Nazi occupation it was a place of mass executions. The first of them were carried out already in 1940-1941.
The Piaski ghetto was established in the eastern part of the town already in 1940. Initially, approximately 5,000 Jews were detained there, including German Jews deported from Szczecin and Kraków. It was one of the first closed-off ghettos in the territor
The labour camp in Trawniki was established on the grounds of the former sugar factory in mid-1941. Initially, it operated as the camp for fugitives and suspects, next for Soviet POWs. Since the end of 1941, it functioned as the labour camp for Jews who c
Since the autumn of 1940, the ghetto was established in Chełm, where approximately 11,000 Jews were detained. In 1941-1944, the POW camp was located in the city, where altogether over 100,000 Soviet, Italian, French, Belgian and English POWs were sent.
On the grounds of today’s Kraśnik Fabryczny (in Budzyń), the labour camp for Jews was established, through which approximately 6,000 Jews passed.
In 1942 Izbica became the main transitory ghetto on the area of the Lublin district.
n 1941-1942, in the local ghetto about 3,000 Jews were concentrated. In 1943 Germans dislocated some Polish inhabitants of Szczebrzeszyn as part of the colonization and pacification operation carried out in the Zamość region.
In 1941-1942 about 8,000 local Jews and 2,000 Jews from Bohemia and Germany were detained in the Zamość ghetto. As part of the “Generalplan Ost,” Zamość became the centre for the German colonization. From December 1942 to January 1944, the transitory camp
In 1942-1944 a transitory camp for Poles dislocated from the Zamość region operated here. Many people where deported from here to the concentration camp at Majdanek.
On June 1, 1943, the whole village was burnt by Germans who shot here 183 Poles, including 103 women and children.
In June 1942, over 100 Jews were murdered by Germans on the streets of the town. In November, the remaining Jews were deported to the death camp in Bełżec.
In the spring of 1940, one of the largest labour camps in the General Government was situated here. On November 1, 1941, the Nazis started to work on the first death camp of “Aktion Reinhardt.”